Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Thursday, September 20, 2012

Yash Chopra, The Poetic Aura Lingers On

'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' first look promo is impressive. It carries a poetic aura that one can associate with Yash Chopra. He has been deeply attached to poetry since the beginning of his career. Watch his early films like 'Waqt' and you just can't miss the poetic charm even in the dialogues. Great Urdu poet Akhtar Ul Iman sahab wrote fabulous dialogues in 'Waqt' and even had a small role in the film. 'Kabhi Kabhi' had Sahir Ludhiyanvi at his very best. My father Professor Shahryar wrote lyrics for Yash ji's film 'Faasle'. The film didn't do well but one of the songs sung by Asha Bhosle ji continues to be my favourite...Ye khaafile yaadon ke, kahin kho gaye hote/ Ek pal bhi agar bhool se hum so gaye hote. 

Abba had a lot of respect for Yash ji. When he was in Bombay last year, Yash ji was kind enough to give him some time. Yash ji has a lot of regard for creative people, a rarity in Bollywood these days which is ruled by bloated egos and 100 crore aspirations.

According to a senior official in YRF, Yash ji is personally supervising the post production and is currently working with A R Rahman on (I guess) the background score. I am surely looking forward to this offering from Yash Chopra, a man I respect a lot. And yes, it's personal for me as well.


6 comments:

  1. I like the Jab Tak Hai Jaan Trailer. I think it will be a wonderful Yashji Lovestory. SRK looks damn handsome in the Trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is almost overdue. Not only because of the style but because it Yash Chopra. I have seen the promo and it is very well done. Surely for all concerned the chords will resonate with the audience. And you my friend are blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the trailer!! All the star looks beautiful, have their own charm, and im glad they didnt give much away about the film in the trailer unlike other films!!EXCITED! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, Faridoon have you seen Heroine?
    Is it worth a watch? Im hearing mixed stuff, and some say its a mix of fashion and Dirty picture :$

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes..let us know your take on Heroine. I read a not so complimentary review.

    ReplyDelete