Monday, March 19, 2018
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
kids are excited about their first camp and have every reason to be.
Camping can give a kid some real life-changing experiences. If you are
going on your first family camp, here are a few things that you can do
to make it memorable:
1. Choosing the right camp for your child is the first step in making
the experience memorable for him or her. Sobefore making any
decisions, sit down with your child and ask him/her what he/she would
like to do during the vacations. List the options in front of your
child and then let him/her choose. Do not force them into doing
anything they don't like. Memories are made while doing something you
love and that's what your child should do.
2. Have a theme dinner night during the camp. Dinner at home with the
whole family is always great, but a fun theme dinner in the outdoors
is a unique bonding experience!
3. Keep a track of all the items you are packing and label them. After
all, you don't want your kid to lose his favourites on a camp.
4. Carry mosquito repellents with you- you never know whether the
camping site is safe from thesemenacing insects. Carry outdoor
repellents like Goodknight Fabric Roll-On and Goodknight Patches.
Just apply 4 dots of the Fabric Roll-On on your child's
clothes and in case of the Patches, simply stick them onto the back of
your child's T-shirt so that he/she doesn't take them off.
Both these are 100% natural and paediatrician certified. The best part
is that these repellents need to be applied on your child's clothes
and/or prams, cots and strollers, eliminating any contact with the
skin. These revolutionary products ensure that your kid gets all-round
protection from mosquitoes outdoors for up to 8 hours.
4. Get your kids involved right away by letting them help set up camp.
They can help establish areas for cooking, cleaning, tents and
garbage, or complete tasks like setting up their tent. It's all a part
of the experience and a great way to pass on skills onto the next
5. Telling stories around a campfire might be a cliché, but it's a
great time to share family memories of camping during the past years
or your own childhood. One day, your kid might be reliving the
experiences with his or her own family, continuing the tradition.
Follow these tipsand your kid will have an amazing first camp!
Saturday, January 20, 2018
Sunday, January 14, 2018
As I am ready to head for the neighborhood swimming pool, I'd like to share a thought that came to my mind a short while back. In the week gone by, I managed to conduct exclusive interviews with Mr Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Ali Abbas Zafar and an exhaustive 50 minute exclusive with #TigerZindaHai director Ali Abbas Zafar. I also spoke at length to Mr Akshay Kumar and Sonam Kapoor on their upcoming film #Padman. Mr Kumar showed me exclusive excerpts from Padman that he must have shown to very few people. Actors Varun Sharma, Pooja Chopra and Angad Bedi came to my office for interviews and extended a lot of warmth and respect which was overwhelming. In other words I had a great week as a professional.
It's not easy to get interviews with superstars like Mr Salman Khan, Mr Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif or Sonam Kapoor. The reach of my chat show #TalkingFilms is immense but it's not about the reach or popularity. What is most important is that you as a Journalist should exude Trust, Credibility and Respect so that celebrities, filmmakers or even fans open up before you. What is most important is to be conscious that you shouldn't rub people the wrong way. The biggest of stars or even rank newcomers, if they are worthy of being hosted on your show, then they deserve respect. They deserve an assurance that they won't be misrepresented, that they won't be used as a cheap fodder for gossip or milked for overzealous commercial gains.
I always say, I am willing to come second but I won't resort to silly click baits to win (momentarily) but lose in the long run.
Now off to swimming :)
Have a great Sunday!
Friday, January 12, 2018
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
A parent's guide: Everyday health and hygiene essentials for your kid
- Use a Hand Sanitizer- This can be a good alternative to keep your hands clean while travelling etc. when you don’t have access to soap.You can use a sanitizer to clean your hands in situations like pre and post meals, while inserting or removing your contact lenses, treatingwounds, while handling soiled stuff or garbage and other such situations. Keeping your hands clean and germ-free is the primary and the most important hygiene step towards good health.
- Use WetWipes for your kids- Baby wipes are great for cleaningevery type ofchild related mess. Any time when kids spill or get dirt on their hands/face, grab a wet wipe to save the day!
- Keep basic medicines in case of emergency- While travelling, one must be prepared. Carrying a medical kit comes handy. Consult your doctor and carry appropriate medicines for situations like cold and flu etc.
- Carry your own bottled water- Basically, any or every disease caused is due to the intake of contaminated water. So it is necessary to ensure that you carry bottled water with you every time.
- Use mosquito repellents– Parents are hesitant to send their kids outdoors due to the problem of mosquitoes and other insects. Mosquitoes being the biggest cause of worry, proper precautions must be taken. Apply 4 dots of Goodknight Fabric Roll-On to ensure Goodknight Patches which are specifically designed for new born kids. Both the products are 100% natural and pediatrician certified and hence absolutely safe for kids.