According to an official press release from YRF, Jab Tak Hai Jaan has created a big impact not only in the Indian but also in the overseas market. Shahrukh Khan has a huge fan following all over the world. In my interview, I received questions from fans in Peru, UK, Switzerland, Saudia Arabia, Dubai, Pakistan, Singapore, Malaysia, Morocco, USA, France etc. and I can surely understand that Shahrukh's popularity in the overseas market is unprecedented.
According to the press release, JTHJ recorded very impressive figures for the opening day (Nov 13, Tuesday) screenings on a limited overseas release, as the film opened in stages over 14th, 15th, and 16th November.
OVERSEAS GROSS BOX OFFICE COLLECTION (Official figures issued by YRF)
TUE $1.30 Million
WED $1.20 Million
THUR $1.08 Million
FRI $1.35 Million
SAT $1.52 Million
SUN $1.13 Million
TOTAL $ 7.58 Million
TOTAL OVERSEAS ₹41.7 crores
This is the highest grossing weekend for any Bollywood film overseas!
Some interesting milestones:
· UK – Opened at No. 4 on the UK Box Office charts and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever
· Middle East – No. 1 at the Box Office and the highest midweek and weekend grossing Bollywood Film ever. The fastest ever in the Middle East for an Indian Film to reach the 2 Million Figure – in 5 days.
· Australia – Opened at No. 2 on the Australia Box Office charts (limited release) and the highest opening Bollywood Film ever.
· New Zealand – First Bollywood Film to open at No. 1, overtaking all Hollywood Films on Wednesday.
· Germany – Opened at No. 7 on the German BO.
· Pakistan – All time record of highest Opening Day collections for Film ever.
· Singapore – All time record of highest Opening Bollywood Film ever.
JTHJ continues its run on the World Top 10 Charts over the weekend! A rare achievement for any Bollywood film.
US # 8
UK # 5
NZ # 4
AUS # 6
In the domestic market, Jab Tak Hai Jaan has been affected by the total bandh in Maharashtra over the weekend. It remains to be seen how the film fares in the days ahead since there is no big release till Talaash on November 30. The tussle between JTHJ and SOS will slug it out for at least ten more days.