Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Tuesday, August 14, 2012

On The Way To Wagah Border, Amritsar, For The Independence Day

It is 1:30 am. I have just had dinner at Haveli dhaba (delicious stuffed paratha and dal makhni) somewhere in Haryana. I along with my cameraman Alok Dubey are part of a group of journalists-cameramen from Bombay-Delhi on the way to Amritsar where we shall be covering the first look promo launch of the film 'Kya Dilli Kya Lahore' tomorrow August 14 at the momentous Wagah Border. It's a film starring Manu Rishi and Vijay Raaz (also the director of the film) where they play soldiers from Indian and Pakistani armies. Ironically, they belong to two warring nations yet they are thick friends.

The incentive for me obviously is the opportunity to be at Wagah border and that too on the eve of Independence Day. I was reading Maulana Azad's autobiography 'India Wins Freedom' during the flight from Bombay to Delhi and I am engulfed with nationalistic fervour. We have produced a video for the Independence Day and the discussions that our team had while brainstorming for the same had filled us with a lot of patriotic spirit. I am looking forward to the march past, the event in the evening and then there's a candle light march in the night. I guess, I should try and catch up on some sleep, though the night journey in a bus doesn't seem inviting to me.

9 comments:

  1. Ah..very nice indeed. will wait for your account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam Sir,
    Are you coming to Lahore? I have been following you and watching your interviews for so many years!! I live near Anarkali bazaar, I would be very very happy and honored to meet and greet you in person.
    Do tell me and we will have a cup of chai together:)
    Regards,
    Abbas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Independence Day Faridoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Margaret...

    Abbas, would love to come to Lahore but as of oday we shall only be in Amritsar .... But I have been told that there may be an event for this film in Lahore too...hopefully then we shall meet ...thanks for the invitation...

    Thanks Iftu

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture! :) It sounds like an interesting trip! Have a wonderful time and be safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just sent you an email. Do check out the Museum of Peace during your journey. This is just 1 km from the Wagah border and can be found at www.museumofpeace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're most welcome Sir. I hope this plan will materialise. You will love Lahore, it's one of Pakistan's most beautiful and exquisite cities... All the best and enjoy Amritsar (me too would love to go there someday!)
    Kind regards,
    Abbas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Paula...next time for sure museum for peace....would love to visit Lahore Abbas...all the best

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes Abbas is absolutely right faridon bhaya

    ReplyDelete