Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Thursday, June 24, 2010

"I Love the monsoons": Karisma Kapoor

This interview is from a press release that I received and has not been conducted by me. Hope it makes the Karisma Kapoor fans happy who is celebrating her birthday tomorrow.

“For the Kapoor clan, the spell of rain brings in another reason for celebration at home”, says Karisma Kapoor

Come monsoons, witness the environment paint itself in beautiful hues of green, blue and grey, personifying nature’s beauty to the fullest. But monsoon is a season that breeds water borne diseases as well. It is thus crucial that we maintain our body resistance by boosting immunity levels and drinking and eating healthy foods. For instance, oily pakodas can be replaced by healthy alternatives such as fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts like almonds, while the intake of water can be increased by having healthy juices instead of plain water.

Here’s a sneak peek into how our superstars enjoy the rains, while being at their healthiest best:

We spoke with Bollywood Actress, Karisma Kapoor who loves the monsoons. Being raised in Mumbai, Karisma is used to extremities of weather! Here’s what she had to say about the monsoons and her way of enjoying the rains:

Q. What’s the one thing you love the most about monsoon?
A. I love the monsoons! The rains give me a feeling of purity. They cleanse nature, while adding that freshness to the trees making everything look and feel innately beautiful. Whenever it rains, Samaira just runs out and enjoys it by getting drenched. The happiness and thrill on my daughter’s face just amazes me everytime!

Q. What do you miss the most while watching the showers?
A. Nothing. I just pray that monsoons always show their beautiful side, rather than a catastrophic one. I love the sound of thundering clouds and enjoy sipping a hot drink with health snack like almonds. Pakoras sound good, but are a strict no-no for me on health grounds.

Q. How do you like to spend your day when it’s raining heavily?
A. Normally, I prefer to stay back at my home during heavy rains. I love to sit near the window or watch a good movie lying on the couch with my family while munching on a handful of almonds.

Q. Which dish do you cherish eating?
A. If it’s raining heavily then I like to eat anything that is hot with my cup of tea. My family loves eating salad made with fresh vegetables tossed with fresh fruits and almonds and every day before my daughter leaves for school she insists that I give her a handful of almonds. I am happy as almonds are the perfect choice to give her the essential energy and stamina during the sluggish monsoon season.

I make it a point to increase the intake of Vitamin E in my diet since the rainy season is also the time when our skin behaves a little bizarre and is often unbalanced. Hence, it’s extremely important to take care of my skin by eating the right kind of food during this season in order to look fresh and beautiful



The rains are considered to be one of nature's best gifts to mankind. After the first showers, nature seems to be at its best —they all come alive, fresh and full of life. No matter how tense, upset or sad you may be, the monsoon rains have the ability to take away all your sadness and boost up your mood. Not to forget the health aspect, one can make it a joyful experience by following a healthy and nutrition packed diet as monsoons bring with them a refreshing coolness which pacifies the mind, body, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment