Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Sunday, January 14, 2018

Trust, Credibility and Mutual Respect is everything!

As I am ready to head for the neighborhood swimming pool, I'd like to share a thought that came to my mind a short while back. In the week gone by, I managed to conduct exclusive interviews with Mr Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Ali Abbas Zafar and an exhaustive 50 minute exclusive with #TigerZindaHai director Ali Abbas Zafar. I also spoke at length to Mr Akshay Kumar and Sonam Kapoor on their upcoming film #Padman. Mr Kumar showed me exclusive excerpts from Padman that he must have shown to very few people. Actors Varun Sharma, Pooja Chopra and Angad Bedi came to my office for interviews and extended a lot of warmth and respect which was overwhelming. In other words I had a great week as a professional.

It's not easy to get interviews with superstars like Mr Salman Khan, Mr Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif or Sonam Kapoor. The reach of my chat show #TalkingFilms is immense but it's not about the reach or popularity. What is most important is that you as a Journalist should exude Trust, Credibility and Respect so that celebrities, filmmakers or even fans open up before you. What is most important is to be conscious that you shouldn't rub people the wrong way. The biggest of stars or even rank newcomers, if they are worthy of being hosted on your show, then they deserve respect. They deserve an assurance that they won't be misrepresented, that they won't be used as a cheap fodder for gossip or milked for overzealous commercial gains.

I always say, I am willing to come second but I won't resort to silly click baits to win (momentarily) but lose in the long run.

Now off to swimming :)

Have a great Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment