Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kunal's Film Starring Shahid-Priyanka To Release On June 22, 2012

In a Bollywood Hungama exclusive interview today, Kunal Kohli confirmed that his directorial next starring Priyanka Chopra and Shahid Kapoor will be releasing on June 22, 2012. Kohli also confirmed that the film is not titled 'Teri Meri Kahani' or 'Janam Janam Ka Saath Hamara Tumhara'. He said that they had to keep a working title of Teri Meri Kahani as its mandatory to have a title for a film if one has to shoot in UK. He said that they are still searching for a name and will announce as soon as they have a name. Kunal also confirmed the rumours and said that 'Crook' actress Neha Sharma is indeed a part of the film.

Later I interviewed Neil Nitin Mukesh, a delightful guy, absolutely chilled out and very talented. Neil's character is called Spider in 'Players' and he is a computer hacker. We had a discussion on how promotions have become extrememy crucial for any film these days. He animatedly spoke about some of his films like Jail, Johny Gaddar and New York which are fine performances. He said that it bothers him that some very good films go unnoticed while some of the bad films tend to work at the Box Office. He is having 6 films lined up and will announce all of them before the end of the year.

As I came out of Marriot Hotel (where we did Neil's interview), I walked past Prateeksha and suddenly saw a cameraman hanging out of a car waving at another cameraman who was in front of the gate. As I reached Jalsa, I saw a crowd there and apparently a group of cameramen were following Abhi-Ash's car that had just gone out. The mad papparazi scramble for Bachchan baby has just begun it seems.

My team has informed that Abhishek and Mr Bachchan will be addressing a press conference at their office today evening. I wanted to go for it since I'd want to wish Abhishek. But I decided against going as, in all probability, it will be a mad circus of cameras, wires and overzealous upstart reporters. I fervently hope that Bachchan Baby should be spared of all the undue speculation and jokes.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

4 comments:

  1. Yes.. I agree with your sentiments..a new person must be protected from media paps. You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping the Shahid-Priyanka movie would release sooner. Anyway, I can't wait to watch "the movie that's not called Teri Meri Kahani" :)

    I agree, the baby shoudln't be part of all this media crazyness. I think the Bachchans are doing a good job of protecting her. I respect you for your decision not to attend the press conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 June 2012 is toooooo long :( but I´m really excited of the Movie with Shahid and Priyanka!

    Faridoon your Interview with Kunal was amazing *hugs* Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Biaji, glad u liked it

    Yes Margaret and Calena...the Beti B should be spared of the histrionics

    cheers

    ReplyDelete