Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bollywood On My Mind (April 5, 2011)

My friend Margaret has asked me to write down my views on a regular basis apart from posting the links of the work that I do on this blog. Well, lemme try it out and let's see how regular I can be. To start with, lets stick to the Bollywood context. Today is the music launch of 'Chalo Dilli' starring Lara Dutta and Vinay Pathak. Its the debut production of Lara. The first look promo has been extremely intriguing and fun. Surely looking forward to the film.

Tomorrow is going to be a hectic day. Here are the four main events lined up for April 6:

1) Vishal Bharadwaj will unveil the first look of Amole Gupte's (Taare Zameen Par's creative director) film 'Stanly Ka Dabba'
2) IIFA and TIFF (Toronto Film Festival) will join hands to showcase "Raj Kapoor and the Golden Age of Indian Cinema". Kareena, Rishi and Randhir Kapoor will be present at this event.
3) Mani Rathnam will launch the book 'A R Rahman-The Spirit Of Music'. The book has been written by Nasreen Munni Kabir. Rahman will be present at this event.
4) There will be the star studded Premiere of 'Thank You'. Akshay Kumar will be present. Sonam Kapoor will be skipping the event since she is still recuperating from her illness.

I have read 'A R Rahman-The Spirit Of Music'. It is a very fine biographical piece on the musical genius with some rare pictures and the added bonus is a music CD called 'Connections' which has eight superb tracks composed by Rahman. This book will sell like hot cakes across the world.

4 comments:

  1. Hectic day!! Hope your doing well :D

    Btw, I luv the new Pink BG ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plussss, Congratssss Sirr!! We win the World Cup Champions 2011!! yyayy!!!!!I just wish you get to interview Sachin Tendulkar!!!!!!!! Can't wait for that day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLZ..see how much I pay attention...and thanks for the 'friend' nod..I'll try to keep up :-)

    ReplyDelete