Faridoon Shahryar's Blog


Thursday, January 20, 2011

Official Press Release Of Hrithik Roshan's Madame Tussaud's Unveiling

250th Anniversay of Madame Tuassauds brought Bollywood heartthrob Hrithik Roshan today face to face with his wax figure. Back in June, the star worked closely with the team at Madame Tussauds London, to ensure the pose, the frame and those biceps to die for were spot on. Fans and members of the press were eager to see the unveiling of this wonderful piece of art. The actor walked into a line up of his hit songs, from Kaho Na Pyaar Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham and Dhoom. He was 'bopping' along to the songs as he walked in.

His family; once upon time actor Rakesh Roshan, his mother Pinky Roshan, his beautiful wife Susaane Roshan, sister Sunaina Roshan and Hrithik's maternal grandfather producer, director J. Om Prakesh were present; constantly adorning a smile.

On meeting his double Hrithik Roshan commented ''I can't believe I'm here in Madame Tussauds amongst all these legends. I came to Madame Tussauds 25 years ago with my grand-father and I remember I was so excited, I was misbehaving in the line to enter the attraction. And today my grand-father told me how excited he is to see me amidst of these legends. I think I will need to articulate a new word for the Oxford Dictionary to say how I feel today''.

The star of notable films including Kaho Na Pyaar Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Dhoom 2, Krrish, Jodhaa Akbar and Guzaarish is the youngest male actor from India to be bestowed with this honour by Madame Tussauds.

The wax figure of Hrithik Roshan was wearing a pink glittery waste jacket with denims. As the curtain was raised Hrithik walked around the wax figure shocked to see how amazing it looked. He said he was very impressed with his double and is a fan of the artists who put together the statue.

Liz Edwards, PR Manager at Madame Tussauds London commented; '’We're delighted to welcome Hrithik and his family here today and to be including his figure in our Bollywood area. It is one of our most popular areas in the entire attraction and we know its going to be even more with Hrithik now featured in the line up. The pose is so striking it is sure to wow fans and get ladies hearts a flutters''

Susaane Roshan [Hrithik’s wife] was equally over-joyed “I am so delighted, our whole family is and today is a day that will always be etched in my memory. This is something I am sure my kids will remember and a story that I would share with my grand-children one day”

No comments:

Post a Comment